- Affordable Gold City Motel is a 12 unit self-contained complex which is located in Charters Towers Nth Qld & we are only a short drive/walk from the Centre of Town of 1.5klms with its array of shopping delights & historical buildings.
We offer affordable, friendly accommodation at budget tariffs with our spacious rooms being self-contained with Kitchettes, ensuite, Aircon, fans/heaters, linen, Tea/coffee, E'jug/toaster & M'wave as well as Laundry facilities, Outdoor BBQ area & Alfresco Dining which overlooks our large Pool.
Home cooked meals/breakfasts can be enjoyed in either of these areas or your room. Buffets can be arranged to suit large bookings or Work Crews with Cribs (M/A Tea & Lunch - or any person/s requiring this). In actual fact, we are a "Home away from Home" atmosphere with our large gardens set in spacious grounds in quiet surrounds. Opportunity to mingle with friendly staff including helpful advice on your travels & information regarding the sights of our local area etc.
We also offer - Off Road Heavy Vehicle Parking for individual or Work Crews.
PETS --- For those people who have to travel with their Pets or Working dogs - We can help by allowing you to have them on our premises & be with your Vehicle OR outside your room secured & well behaved.
* NO pets ALLOWED in rooms. Medical Certificated person with a care-dog are an exception BUT proof has to be provided (see our Any Other Conditions Sect).
For further information, visit our website goldcitymotel.com.au or contact us direct on Ph: 07 4787 2187 or Fax: 07 4787 7812.
Gardens were amazing and a real credit to the gardener. Wished we could have stayed longer but will be back.
KAREN from Townsville, Australia 05 October 2020
Value for money
Michele from Townsville, Australia 24 February 2020
Value for money
We received a lovely friendly welcome from Cherylle. The room was clean, tidy and comfortable. Our room had a lovely wooden deck out the front over looking the gardens. It's quiet and value for money. Highly recommend this motel.
-Photo copying and faxing is available from the office ( a small fee applies ) Wireless internet is free - (conditions do apply). Work benches are available in all rooms.
An equipped BBQ area is available for guests use with many other facilities in motel rooms:-
* Self-contained Kitchenettes * Tea/coffee Facilities * Microwave
* Toaster * Crockery/Cutlery * Digital Flat screen TV * Air conditioning
* Fan/Heater * BBQ & Alfresco Dining Area * Large Rec Pool
* Meals available - home cooked * Guest's Laundry Facilities
* Undercover Parking * Non-smoking Rooms
* Worker/s & Workcrews catered for
* Smoking outside Rooms * Heavy Vehicle Off Road Parking
Budget: Double/B, 1 Single/B
Well equipped Standard room with a Double and Single bed suite Single, Double, Twin share or 3 people.
Getting There : -Directions from the main ST ( gill St ) Travel west to the end of Gill ST, turn Right into Mosman St, follow to the end, Left over the bridge into Bridge St, up Bridge St and straight across the intersection onto Lynd Highway (Dalrymple Road ) 0.8 kilometres cross Sheep Station creek, turn left into Affordable Gold City Motel Driveway
- Historical Buildings - Local Information Centre - Towers Hill Lookout with walking tracks & World War 2 Bunkers plus other historical sites there - Cattles Sales - Centenary & Lissner Park with historical Monuments - Military Monuments & Displays - Zara Clark Museum - Ghost Tours etc - Eco Wilderness ATV Tours - Texas Longhorn Safari Tours - Tors Drive-in & Cinema (one of 6 left in Qld) - Fishing - Burdekin Weir - Venus Battery & Millchester Weir Park - Stock Exchange (historical) - World Theatre (historical) - many pub & Restaurants & cafes - Markets (Most Sundays) - Camping & National Parks - Mining (historical) - Audio Self drive or organised tours - see Local Information Centre in Mosman St - Lawn Bowls & Lic Golf Club & games - plus many other activities.
-Golf club 200 metres, Where you can enjoy a cool drink and a game of golf.
Olympic size swimming pool, as well as an indoor heated pool 1 kilometre
Supermarket and town centre 1.5killmetres